Display problems with 6800U

Hello,

I have some kind of weird problem:
in my new system I have a Gainward6800 Ultra connected to a Dell 20.3" TFT
display with a resolution of 1600x1200
(32Bit) connected by DVI. OS is WinXP Sp2 and the drivers I tried till now
are 66.93 and 61.67.
The problem I can easily reproduce by connecting via remote desktop to my
old PC (full screen mode, same resolution),
starting i.e. an explorer and outlook express. Both windows are full screen.
So when I switch from the explorer window
to the oe window in the taskbar, the monitor goes black for a second and
then shows me the oe window. Way back:
no problem. Same is only on desktop (local) with some setup programs (not
full screen). I didn't see any behaviour like this
i.e. when playing FarCry. The problem does not occur if I switch to lower
resolution, or if I just switch from 32Bit
to 16Bit (colors) - staying at 1600x1200.
In my old PC I have an ATI 8500 pro and never had problems on this monitor
with the same settings.

Thanks for help,
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

I've got a similar problem, but not with outlook and only with the 66.93
driver.
My screen flashes to black when I right-click on any video file (like mpeg,
avi and such).
Mostly it are quick flashes but sometimes it also takes up to one second.
It is as if the video resolution changes for a split second and my (CRT)
monitor always 'black out' for a short duration when switching resolutions.
Don't know if the same can be true for TFT screens.

Did you install the 66.93 and got the problem, then reinstalled 61.67?
Maybe the 66.93 installs something in the system that the 61.67 installation
can't 'fix'.

regards,
Marcel