Display problems with Borderlands game

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I'm having a strange display problem when it comes to specific areas of Borderlands. Mainly indoor walls and floors. They appear grey with no shadows or any other colors. It's very annoying, I cant distinguish walls from floors as everything is a big grey mess.

They used to look just fine and I don't think I changed anything significant. I might have changed some 3d settings in CCC. I'm using an HD4870, Q8200, and 4gb ram with max settings @1920x1200.

I've tried adjusting the settings in just about every way. Minimum settings and res, still same problem. I reinstalled the latest CCC and played with those settings again. I'm assuming the CCC will include the latest drivers but I'm not sure.

I tried a different video card (HD3650) and monitor (1280x1024) and still had the same issue. I finally reinstalled and started a new game and still the same problem.

And oddly, I tried both video cards on an older, slower build (celeron dual core) and the problem areas looked just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on or how to fix this?

Solution
Yea it worked!!! Son't ask me how though I don't get why it would work either but it fixed it instantly. Just go to where you installed the program which should be it's default route of program files/borderlands/binaries/borderlands.exe and change it to bioshock.exe.

Good luck man!!!

Sephzer

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I have to admit - im getting the exact same problem at the moment and im using a HD3870. Gonna keep looking till I find a way to fix this after I spent such a long time getting it running in the first place.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Did you have any luck? I'm using driver 9.11, I don't know how to go back to 8.67. I don't understand the post about renaming the game, is that for real?
How would that change anything?

Unfortunately this minor problem annoys me so much that I stopped playing this awesome game.

Sephzer

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Yea it worked!!! Son't ask me how though I don't get why it would work either but it fixed it instantly. Just go to where you installed the program which should be it's default route of program files/borderlands/binaries/borderlands.exe and change it to bioshock.exe.

Good luck man!!!

Solution

liunit92

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
how do you change it to bioshock.exe??????? i'm in the binary file but i do not see borderlands.exe. i see the borderlands icon but when i right click it to go to properties i do not see how to change it to bioshock.exe. please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS