Display Problems With Geforce2 MX

G

I am running an Asus V7100 Geforce2 MX with an AMD T-bird 1000mhz, on an Abit KT-7 Raid MB. I am using the 6.31 Detonator 3 drivers and have a problem when running 1024x768 resolution. I get a light vertical streak about 1/4" wide down the right side of the monitor. The correct images are there, but the display is much lighter than the rest of the screen. The line is distinct and does not blend in with the rest of the screen. This only happens at 1024x768 and not at 800x600 resolution. Any help with this would be appreciated. TIA.

G

Just a shot in the dark...... Try setting your refresh rate on your monitor to Optimal.

G

Unless your video card is bad, the problem more than likely is with your refresh rate or monitor. I have seen tons of older monitors do crap like that , especially with new video cards where the refresh rate can be so high. Try setting the refresh rate on 60hz, all monitors will do this, and see if the problem is still present, is so, take your computer to a friends house and try their monitor. By the way, what kind of monitor do you have? Make and Model. Some older monitors may run at 1024x768, but are not really supported, and problems as you are encountering may occur. Just a shot.

G

Thanks guys. I was running the otimal refresh rate before. I set it to 72 and the line on the side got smaller. I then set it to 75 and it is gone completely. Everything works fine now.

TRENDING THREADS