Display question

Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it cannot be
changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't want to
go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all share
the same computer.
TIA
Matt

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Matt and Daria Roesch" <mjrdjr2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:kpNmd.4533$AY2.4467@news01.roc.ny...
> Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it cannot be
> changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't want to
> go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all share
> the same computer.
> TIA
> Matt

Tell her no.

"Matt and Daria Roesch" <mjrdjr2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it cannot
be
> changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't want
> go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all
share
> the same computer.
> TIA
> Matt

That would be too easy.

"Nick Burns" <thedoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Tell her no.
>
> "Matt and Daria Roesch" <mjrdjr2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it cannot
> be
>> changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't want
>> go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all
> share
>> the same computer.
>> TIA
>> Matt

Have two granddaughters and with that, sometime unwanted screensavers. Did
not know the knew how.

> That would be too easy.
>
> "Nick Burns" <thedoc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Tell her no.
> >
> > "Matt and Daria Roesch" <mjrdjr2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it
cannot
> > be
> >> changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't
want
> >> go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all
> > share
> >> the same computer.
> >> TIA
> >> Matt

Thank you. That was helpful!
Matt

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Matt and Daria Roesch" <mjrdjr2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to "lock" the desktop wallpaper setting so that it cannot
> be
> changed by another user? (Namely my 10 year old daughter!) I don't want
> go through the hassle of separate user accounts and log-ons.. We all
> share
> the same computer.
> TIA
> Matt