AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Hi, I've been having this issue for a while now, and i'm bummed, sometimes whilst gaming my monitor goes black (as if unplugged and re-plugged) and then about 5 seconds later the screen comes back. This can happen any time doing anything with intervals ranging from a few minutes between display going off to hours. Some games tend to induce it more frequently too resulting in sometimes different outcomes, as examples, League of Legends and Warframe are 2 games it happens often however when it happens in league the screen sometimes goes black and back to normal, sometimes it goes a light brown shade (the entire screen) then back to normal and then i can continue playing, however in Warframe if this happens when the screen recovers i see my desktop or whatever is below it and it's as if the game turned see through, when tabbed in i can still hear game sounds and interact with the game but I cant get Video back unless i restart the game.

I've kept drivers up to date, checked cable connections including my GPU, what is incredibly weird is this 1 time (This only ever happened once) I banged on top of my PC moderately and it did the whole recovery ordeal, then i banged on it again and it did it again, back to back, however no other times has it done this no matter how much i would shake/hit/move my pc around (Or cables). So i'm reasonably certain it's not a matter of faulty or damaged hardware.

Thanks for any help, if i catch it i'll try to take a video or something.

CPU: i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHZ
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A Pro
Ram: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @2666MHZ
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SATA
Samsung HD204UI 2TB
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
PSU: Corsair CX600M
Chassis: Corsair Graphite Series 230T

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019
What monitor are you using? I've had that same problem recently with an ASUS PB328Q.

I've gone through the RMA process with ASUS and now having much worse problems, but that's a different story...

AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
What monitor are you using? I've had that same problem recently with an ASUS PB328Q.

I've gone through the RMA process with ASUS and now having much worse problems, but that's a different story...

I have an ASUS VX248H but I'm pretty sure it's not a monitor related as it never does this with other inputs and the monitor stays on even when it black screens.

TRENDING THREADS