Question Display randomly turns off, usb ports stop working, everything else works.

Dec 9, 2019
I recently built a new gaming pc and when I am playing a video game my display randomly turns off (randomly not always), my monitor is still on, that is not the issue. I can see that my motherboard is still on but my keyboard and mouse suddenly stop working aswell. Everything else in the case is still spinning and giving lights so they are still on. Someone got any idea what to do? I have already reinstalled all drivers and windows 10, opened the case and checked for any loose cables...

System specs:

MOBO: Msi b450 tomahawk max
PSU: Corsair rm650
GPU: Sapphire rx 5700 xt pulse
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC
Storage: crucial p1 m.2

Dec 9, 2019
did u check with one stick of ram... also, what are the temps while gaming?
No I haven't, don't know why I should. I haven't bought 2 ram sticks for nothing. And just tested them they both function. Also when this happens my RAM rgb is still on so I guess they are still working. I have also just tested the temps, memory is around 70 average and both gpu and cpu around 60 average. (celcius)

did u overclock the processor or ram? try running the ram at 2933 mhz... i am mentioning the ram is bcoz ryzen processors do have some compatibility issues with the memory although it has improved a lot with the introduction of the 3rd gen processors...

Dec 9, 2019
did u overclock the processor or ram? try running the ram at 2933 mhz... i am mentioning the ram is bcoz ryzen processors do have some compatibility issues with the memory although it has improved a lot with the introduction of the 3rd gen processors...
No overclock. Only turned on the A-xmp so my RAM runs at 3600 mhz, but I updated the bios 2 days ago and my problem hasn't occured since than. Maybe it fixed the problem. I will keep in touch if it occurs again.