Question Display "Scaling"... Defaults 150% too small, 175% too big, how to manually change ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeuniverse

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2013
Yes, I can't do the "Advanced Scaling" option because my main monitor is 4K and my other monitor is a 1440p, as well I have a TV attached to HDMI.
The 1440p monitor everything becomes HUGE when I use advanced....

So, is there a Registry setting or something somewhere in which I can "manually" set what Scaling I want for my 4K monitor?
The Recommended is 150% but it's too small, and the 175% next dropdown setting is too large... Would prefer something between the two, maybe like 165% scaling?

Help... Thanks

p.s. Don't send me to PURCHASE a piece of SOFTWARE to fix my problem as someone did in the only other post I could find on this. I mean there must be some other way right? Thanks. LOL

Colif

Win 11 Master

leeuniverse

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2013
1. Colif... Seems still the same problem is changing it in the Registry will do the same as Advanced, effecting ALL monitors?

2. Glenwig... Read your own screenshot... Changing Advanced scaling applies to ALL monitors. Unfortunately they haven't "separated" that setting. It's only separated on the previous page when you select the monitor and then select the scaling dropdown.

3. exbubblehead... Nothing there seems applicable... Seems mostly related to "program" related DPI issues.

Well, thanks guys, seems like my only option is to see if "DisplayFusion" or otherwise works.

I swear, I despise Microsoft.... They create the POS Win11, ruining the Start Menu, the Ribbon Menu, Right-Click, etc. for us power users (who have a 100+ programs installed, grouped, sized, etc. as we like), and then don't fix/add many things that Windows SHOULD be doing. Incompetent fools...

Status
Not open for further replies.