Question DIsplay settings help

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
Okay I dont know where to put this, opted to put it under monitors but since win 10 is the OS I am using I decided to put it here. Now HERE Iss my question/want/need.
I have a Philip 4k tv 5000 series. I currently have a gtx 1060 with two monitors hooked to it (standard for me) now I also have a ps4 as well and a switch. Here's my Ordeal.
I Have the V hooked to the graphics card through an DP to HDMI. it works all well and good,. when I turn my tv on it connects and disconnects through my PC's Display settings. thats well and good I like that! But what i want to know is if I can gert it to do that by switching to different HDMI ports, like say i am using my pc (HDMI3) but I decide to switch to mt Nintendo switch(HDMI2) or PS4(HDMI1) is there a way or program i can use that will auto switch the display settings on my pc to only show two monitors? and switch it back to 3 when i change it to my pc(HDMI3)? I would very much like that

haha one of my users had this same issue the other day

download install this

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/multi_monitor_tool.html

go into display settings - use identify to see which monitor number is for which PC

then create a shortcut for each of the lines below as needed

MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable 1
MultiMonitorTool.exe /enable 2 3
MultiMonitorTool.exe /switch 3
MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable \\.\DISPLAY2

Run each short cut as needed

i.e watching monitor 1 - 2 is PC, 3 is TV, i've just started watching tv or playing Xbox, so ill use MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable \\.\DISPLAY3 or MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable 1 depending on OS version. just test each one - it will work

Reactions: ElectrO_90

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
haha one of my users had this same issue the other day

download install this

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/multi_monitor_tool.html

go into display settings - use identify to see which monitor number is for which PC

then create a shortcut for each of the lines below as needed

MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable 1
MultiMonitorTool.exe /enable 2 3
MultiMonitorTool.exe /switch 3
MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable \\.\DISPLAY2

Run each short cut as needed

i.e watching monitor 1 - 2 is PC, 3 is TV, i've just started watching tv or playing Xbox, so ill use MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable \\.\DISPLAY3 or MultiMonitorTool.exe /disable 1 depending on OS version. just test each one - it will work
umm what do you mean by createa shortcut?