• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Display Settings only list two resolution options

Kama621

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Greetings all!

I have a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card and windows 10. My normal resolution for the past 3 years has been 1920 x 1080 with a DVI connector (alas its the only output my TV supports)

I was watching some videos and dozed off. When I woke up, the TV was off (it turns itself off after 30 minutes of no activity) but the video audio was still playing. Turned the TV on and I heard that jingle you get something gets disconnected (like a USB device). Unpaused the video and the computer wasn't pumping any audio. This has happened before and a simple restart was all that took to remedy. This time, however...

I login and see my resolution squished to shit. Guessing the restart reverted it to something smaller. No matter, went into the Display Settings and found it switched to 1024 x 768. However when I clicked the list, all I got was two resolutions, that and 800 x 600. This has NEVER happened before. Did some research and all I got was standard Windows breadcrumb responses. With no other options and wanting to rid some long overdue gunk, I reset my PC. Unfortunately though, the problem persists! I even updated my Nvidia Drivers and the recent update unlocked a 2048 x 1536, (which doesn't look so hot).

Any ideas as to what I'm dealing with?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS