[SOLVED] Display showing generic PnP and won’t allow 240hz option

Sep 5, 2020
Thanks in advance for any help.

I’ve exhausted all options I can think of, so hopefully someone here can help.

When I go into advanced display settings it’s showing a generic PnP monitor and it’s only allowing me to select option up to 200Hz. I’ve tried getting the right driver for my monitor (HP Omen 25) I’ve also tried updating the driver.

I used to run 240Hz on this set up but I did a factory reset and now I can’t seem to get it working right.

Here’s my hardware incase its relevant.
Monitor HP Omen 25
CPU Intel i9-9900k
GPU RT2080 Super

Solution
Yeah I just tried again, it shows the HP omen driver and when I continue it shows “best driver is already Installed and shows the generic.

I’m not sure what you mean by interface type
Even if you go through device manager and say "Update driver" on the monitor and then pick "Browse my computer" for a manual install, you can't pick the HP INF file ? Don't let Windows pick anything, do it completely manually.

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks in advance for any help.

I’ve exhausted all options I can think of, so hopefully someone here can help.

When I go into advanced display settings it’s showing a generic PnP monitor and it’s only allowing me to select option up to 200Hz. I’ve tried getting the right driver for my monitor (HP Omen 25) I’ve also tried updating the driver.

I used to run 240Hz on this set up but I did a factory reset and now I can’t seem to get it working right.

Here’s my hardware incase its relevant.
Monitor HP Omen 25
CPU Intel i9-9900k
GPU RT2080 Super
For some reason the INF file is not being picked up. In device manager, in the "monitors" it is shown as a "PNP device" rather than "HP Omen" ?

Sep 5, 2020
For some reason the INF file is not being picked up. In device manager, in the "monitors" it is shown as a "PNP device" rather than "HP Omen" ?
Yes, even after I download the correct driver and restart, it shows as Gen PnP instead of HP Omen. My other monitor shows correctly.

Sep 5, 2020
Have you tried going through device manager and explicitly pointing to the INF file using "update driver" ?
What interface type are you using ?
Yeah I just tried again, it shows the HP omen driver and when I continue it shows “best driver is already Installed and shows the generic.

kanewolf

Titan

Even if you go through device manager and say "Update driver" on the monitor and then pick "Browse my computer" for a manual install, you can't pick the HP INF file ? Don't let Windows pick anything, do it completely manually.

Solution