Display shows as "Unknown monitor", properties greyed out

ronizu

Honorable
Sep 10, 2017
My AOC G2460FQ monitor is displayed as "Unknown monitor" in Windows 10 display settings. When I go to the "Display adapter properties" and go to the "Monitor" tab, the "Properties" button is greyed out. After a quick googling, there are no related results anywhere that aren't 15 years old. I do not have the monitor's drivers, which could be the reason, but the problem is, that I cannot install the drivers without accessing that tab. If you need any more information, I will gladly provide that.

ronizu

Honorable
Sep 10, 2017

Display Adapter = GPU (GTX 960). I tried loading the drivers, but they just give .cat, .icm and .inf files, none of which do literally anything. The problem I'm having is that when I connect it to my GPU using DP, it shows nothing. DVI works fine though. This error occurred after I had a lot of trouble with Nvidia drivers today, I had to do everything from windows system restore to full driver sweep to get it alive, and in the mean time the DP connection stopped working.

ronizu

Honorable
Sep 10, 2017

Oh, I see, I had totally missed the "Install" option.

Edit: The installation didn't fix anything. Only thing it did was that now I cannot choose any other refresh rate than 60 in that view, when I could pick 60-144.