Display signal stops, GPU fans go full speed during gaming

landorona

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
The issue is in the title. The only way I've been able to fix it is to restart the computer using the power button. So far, this happens in Black Ops 4 and Deep Rock Galactic.
These are my parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KWzXGG
This started soon after I got the monitor in the list. Any suggestions?

landorona

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015

I've already tried this using DDU and GeForce experience, but I'll try it again and reply with results. Thanks.

landorona

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
I just tried to launch Call of Duty Blops 4 and the computer turned off very suddenly. It only turns off when it's under load like this. I think it's a power supply issue, the Rosewill power supply I'm using in the pcpartpicker list is several years old. Any second opinions?

landorona

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2015
Gotta bump this. Turns out that didn't fix it.

I've monitored my temps while running GPU stress tests and it never overheated. This issue only occurs with certain games (i.e. Deep Rock Galactic).

I checked WhoCrashed and it tells me this driver is the culprit: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 417.35 , NVIDIA Corporation)
I've already used DDU in safe mode to uninstall it and reinstall it using GeForce Experience. Also, it's worth noting that when the GPU fails as described, the driver for it is uninstalled when the computer turns back on.

Please help!