Question Display stopped working. Says no signal

Nov 10, 2019
I’ve had this pc for a couple of months now (about 4) and everything has been fine. Until last night when my computer now won’t display on my monitor. My monitor works because I can play my ps4 on it. I’ve tried different outputs like hdmi and it doesn’t work. I also tried to directly connect it to my motherboard and it still didn’t work. I’ve tried almost everything but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!

RealBeast

Titan
I’ve had this pc for a couple of months now (about 4) and everything has been fine. Until last night when my computer now won’t display on my monitor. My monitor works because I can play my ps4 on it. I’ve tried different outputs like hdmi and it doesn’t work. I also tried to directly connect it to my motherboard and it still didn’t work. I’ve tried almost everything but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks!
Please add some specs -- like what monitor and what computer model or key parts, CPU, GPU, motherboard. Thanks. Also, try various cables and insure that your motherboard video is enabled in the bios.

Nov 10, 2019
Please add some specs -- like what monitor and what computer model or key parts, CPU, GPU, motherboard. Thanks. Also, try various cables and insure that your motherboard video is enabled in the bios.
I use a sceptre 144 hertz gaming monitor
B450 gaming motherboard
Asus Geforce 1050 Ti graphics card

also how am I suppose to go in the bios if I can’t see it?

RealBeast

Titan
I assume that you are using the same HDMI cable with your PS4 so you know that the cable is not the issue and that you have cycled through the other monitor inputs without success.

So now you need to go through a step by step process of testing components to find the failure point. Could also be your OS, a quick way to test that would be to make a Live Linux stick using another machine (easiest to make one with Unetbootin.)

Nov 10, 2019
I assume that you are using the same HDMI cable with your PS4 so you know that the cable is not the issue and that you have cycled through the other monitor inputs without success.

So now you need to go through a step by step process of testing components to find the failure point. Could also be your OS, a quick way to test that would be to make a Live Linux stick using another machine (easiest to make one with Unetbootin.)
I don’t have access to another machine to do this. Anything else I could possibly do?

RealBeast

Titan
I'm not saying that it is -- but you cannot test your components unless you can get it running and one method is a Live Linux stick that bypasses your OS drive and all drivers. Since you have no spare components it is the next logical step.