display tab

augie

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

How can I hide the display setting tab without using the mmc. I have win2k
professional.

Thank you

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

--------------------
| From: "augie" <augusto.bruschi@us.army.mil>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry
| Subject: display tab
| Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:34:12 +0200
|
| How can I hide the display setting tab without using the mmc. I have win2k
| professional.
|
| Thank you

Hi Augie,

There are two options I found for you. One option allows control over
other properties, such as screensaver
and appearance, but does not allow users to view the Settings tab. The
other stops users from accessing
any display settings at all.

This option hides the Settings page from the display properties control:

Key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
]
Value Name: NoDispSettingsPage
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

This option disables the display settings control panel icon, and stops
users from accessing any display settings:

Key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
]
Value Name: NoDispCPL
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

I got these tweaks from http://derekw.dynu.net. There are ton more such
"reg hacks" there. Just go to
the Site Features on the menu, and then IT Knowledgebase. From there you
can search for more
reg hacks.

Hope this helps,

Derek Wirch, MCSE+I (NT 4.0), MCP (Win2k)
Microsoft Exchange Support Engineer
Enterprise Messaging Support - Admin
Email: a-derekw@microsoft.com

Please respond in the group, so all users may benefit.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.

SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please subscribe to the FREE Microsoft® Security Notification Service on
http://register.microsoft.com/subscription/subscribeme.asp?ID=135 an e-mail
alert service geared toward IT professionals. We use this service to notify
subscribers when we release an important security bulletin or virus alert,
and also to make them aware that they might need to take action to guard
against a circulating threat. You should also bookmark Microsoft Security
Bulletin's page available at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/
to view all our bulletins. To insure you are current with all security
patches visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to
install patches. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will
keep you up-to-date.