Display to HDMI

XlSilentKnightlX

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello,

My monitor does not have a display port available and it is not listed as a source. If I were to use an hdmi to display port adapter. Would I be able to connect the cable to the display port on my graphics card and use it properly?

(Edit)
Would an active adapter work. And would it appear as an hdmi source on my monitor?

(Edit)
If my graphics card (gtx 1060 3gb model) shows only DP on the display port and not dp++ will a passive converter work. I say this because I purchased this converter

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-displayport-to-hd...

and it hasn’t been working. My monitor shows no signal.

Solution
When you search, look for an "DisplayPort to HDMI" as the source is going to be the displayport of your graphics card and the destination is the HDMI port of your display.

Since both are digital signals, you shouldn't need an "Active" adapter. Either a DP to HDMI cable or a DP to HDMI adapter plus an HDMI cable should work.

Your Display will only show it's own available inputs. It doesn't care what is actually connected to the HDMI port. It just shows what is being input into it.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
When you search, look for an "DisplayPort to HDMI" as the source is going to be the displayport of your graphics card and the destination is the HDMI port of your display.

Since both are digital signals, you shouldn't need an "Active" adapter. Either a DP to HDMI cable or a DP to HDMI adapter plus an HDMI cable should work.

Your Display will only show it's own available inputs. It doesn't care what is actually connected to the HDMI port. It just shows what is being input into it.

-Wolf sends

Solution