[SOLVED] Display turned green

Oct 22, 2019
I just purchased a Lenovo S340 laptop from Costco. During the first day of use, after coming out of sleep mode, the entire laptop screen was a greenish color. Nothing would make it change color. I also had a monitor hooked up to it through the hdmi port and my monitor was not green. I then restarted the laptop and have not had the issue since then (2 days). I have a 90 day Costco return window and I don't want to even risk letting that time elapse if it is a laptop screen issue. Thanks.

Solution
Many times a green screen is the sign of a failing GPU.....but not always....but if it happened to me, I would be concerned. One thing is......I wouldn't use sleep mode ever because I've had lots of problems related to sleep mode and if you do a search you will see lots of people have also had problems.

I would run the PC.....and see what happens. It may happen (the green screen) again.....and again.....and then I would definitely return it. Although it may never happen again.....and then when it gets close to the 90 day mark....you have a decision to make.
Many times a green screen is the sign of a failing GPU.....but not always....but if it happened to me, I would be concerned. One thing is......I wouldn't use sleep mode ever because I've had lots of problems related to sleep mode and if you do a search you will see lots of people have also had problems.

I would run the PC.....and see what happens. It may happen (the green screen) again.....and again.....and then I would definitely return it. Although it may never happen again.....and then when it gets close to the 90 day mark....you have a decision to make.

Reactions: comp12345
Solution