Question Display turns off and fans ramp upto 100% . Please help.

Ekusuplosion

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
This is the first time it happened i had my pc on over night to download a game on epic launcher. My pc was going fine while i got breakfast and then i noticed it stopped displaying to the monitors and the fans on it ramped up (don't know which fans because i was too concerned with trying to shut it down in case my components could be getting fried.). It would not shut off with the power button i had to switch off the psu to shut it down. Strangly the system was still on and all the components still were lit up with rgb. The rgb on my keyboard and mouse had stopped working however but for some reason the lazer on the bottom of my mouse was still lit up so i have no clue why that is. After shutting it down i turned it back on and it started up and seems to be working just fine as if nothing happened. The gpu is still working, cpu, and everything else. Please help as i am very worried this could be a psu issue. (i read another forum where someone had a similar issue and they said it could be failing ram). Any help would be greately appreciated. I will list my specs below.

Motherboard: asus rog strix b450-f
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
CPU Cooler: stock wraith prism cooler
Ram: corsair pro rgb 2x 8gb rated at 2933
GPU: msi rtx 2060 super ventus OC
Storage: kingston A1000 NVME 240gb, seagate barracuda 7200rpm 2tb
PSU corsair CX 750M (i THINK 2017 model because the label is white and black instead of green and black)

None of my parts are overclocked except for the factory OC on the gpu. This build was built back around august of 2019.

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise on contacting both the seller of the components(PSU) as well as Corsair to bring them in on the matter. To me it does look like a PSU issue but the issue you now have is that the problem hasn't recurred. You might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and that you've got the latest chipset drivers for your platform.

Not to mention checking to see that you're on the latest version of Windows 10.

Ekusuplosion

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
I would advise on contacting both the seller of the components(PSU) as well as Corsair to bring them in on the matter. To me it does look like a PSU issue but the issue you now have is that the problem hasn't recurred. You might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and that you've got the latest chipset drivers for your platform.

Not to mention checking to see that you're on the latest version of Windows 10.

Thank you for your advice, my bios, drivers, and windows is all upto date. Also im starting to think it may not be the gpu since the problem also effected my peripherals and not just the display. according to more research it appears it could be a ram stick starting to fail. Honestly im hoping thats what it is since i feel safer with that. I would hate to have a psu brick my system and a gpu would be expensive and annoying to replace if the warranty didn't cover it.