Display Turns Off While Playing Games

Kunni_

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Hello,
This is a problem that has been haunting me since I built my first gaming build in March. The fact that while playing games, that needs a lot of horse power, my computer crashes (Or the game crashes, I am not sure anymore) and it forces me to restart my PC.

I will try to be as comprehensible as possible.

My initial build was:
-i3 3220 3.3GHz
-HyperX RAM 8GB 1600MHz
-Asus H61M-K Motherboard
-Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce;
-Two 80mm fans and a 120mm fan;
-A cheap chinese 4 channel fan controller;
-1 TB 7200rpm HDD;
-Generic MicroATX case that comes with an unbranded 500W power supply;

I know what you're probably thinking, it's a bad sign having an unbranded power supply. Which I agree. But, I haven't got any problems until I tried playing some games.
CS:GO ran alright but BF4 stuttered until my monitor said "No Signal".
I checked the temperatures and it would only reach 48ºC.
The CPU max temperature is 60ºC. (Stock cooler)

I spent the next day reinstalling Windows 7 Pro and the NVidia drivers but I'd still get the crashing and errors saying "NVIDIA GTX 950 device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged" , until I had blue screens. So I RMA'd it and got a MSI GTX 950 Gaming 2GB instead. Also installed Windows 10 Pro.

Got no problems, BF4 wouldn't stutter and everything looked fixed.
But it only lasted a while until it crashed on me, again. But no BSOD.
I checked event viewer and it looked like I had some problems with "nvlddmkm.sys". I didn't know what to do.

I ran Heaven Benchmark and, as expected, it crashed the same (Which is weird that it would crash in the same exact moment every time I'd benchmark it)
My next option was to underclock and set the GPU power limit to 54% on Afterburner.
Heaven Benchmark all maxed out ran fine and I got a 23 fps rank. But BF4 would crash still.

My other option was to buy a new case (Zalman Z3 Plus), since I thought it would be a problem with ventilation, because my old case had 2 slots for 80mm fans and I kinda was able to put a 120mm exhaust fan in the holes of the side panel (Ghetto Style).

So, as I was building my PC with the new case, the 500W PSU cables couldn't reach my motherboard so I used an old 400W PSU that I had before that works flawlessly.
It now has 3 exhaust fans and 2 intake fans.
And now it's even worse. CSGO all maxed out makes my PC crash and my GPU LED light turns off after 5 minutes of gameplay.

I don't know what is causing the problem. Because some people are using 430W PSU's and they are not having any problems.
I've been thinking on buying the Zalman ZM600-TX 600W 80 Plus PSU but I just want to know what is happening.

I thank everyone for further responses.

Solution
If not all ready done try the following
Make sure that you are on High Performance, in the power options section of the control panel. More specifically, make sure that the PCI express setting is turned OFF. This would fix any issues caused by low power to the video card. See if that helps

Im Spartacus

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
If not all ready done try the following
Make sure that you are on High Performance, in the power options section of the control panel. More specifically, make sure that the PCI express setting is turned OFF. This would fix any issues caused by low power to the video card. See if that helps

Solution