Sep 4, 2018
I7 7700
Gigabyte b8 motherboard
Kingston hyper x 2×8gb 2666
Corsiar vs650 psu
Evo 960 ssd
Toshiba 1tb hdd
Gtx 1070 gigabyte

So i built my pc from the ground up. I connected the gpu the last and when i do nothing comes up the on the monitor. But when take it off it works. Any help

Solution
There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work if everything is connected correctly (like I told you in our private messaging, your PSU is the weakest component, but even it should be fine for booting up). I do have to ask, as many make this mistake, you have connected your monitor to the card and not the motherboard?

Assuming you have connected correctly, try removing the display drivers. Take the card out and using the on-board graphics, download and run DDU, turn off and put the new card back in and see if it displays. If not, reset the CMOS and on next start, load the default BIOS.
MERGED QUESTION
Question from suspicious_dog : "No display when gpu is connected"

There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work if everything is connected correctly (like I told you in our private messaging, your PSU is the weakest component, but even it should be fine for booting up). I do have to ask, as many make this mistake, you have connected your monitor to the card and not the motherboard?

Assuming you have connected correctly, try removing the display drivers. Take the card out and using the on-board graphics, download and run DDU, turn off and put the new card back in and see if it displays. If not, reset the CMOS and on next start, load the default BIOS.

Solution