Question Display won't output image/speaker static

Apr 21, 2019
Hi, I have been have some weird issues with my PC recently

Sometimes when the screen is turned off, either by inactivity or manually 90% of the time the screen refuses to display the PC when it is turned back on.
It does acknowledge that a device is plugged in and transmitting image, but won't output it.

I have a desktop PC and a LG display.
I'm using the mobo video through HDMI.

Not sure if it has anything to do but my speakers have been outputting a lot of static lately, so much that I can hear it in another room in fact.
( They're somewhat cheap genius speakers I got a year or two ago, the static started recently )

It used to work ok until windows 7 updated itself.
(Can't turn off update because windows update took away my administrator privileges )

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 14196

Win7 doesn’t just take away admin privileges you have other problems going on. I would do scans for viruses and malware

Sounds like you need a fresh reinstall of windows

Reactions: Debudebuoji
Apr 21, 2019
An update:
Today I formatted the PC and reinstalled windows.
the static noise in the speakers seems to have stopped but the video output issue persists.

I left it get into sleep mode, waited for a few minutes after the screen shut itself off and tried to wake it up
I switched the screen back on and then I pressed some keys in the keyboard to wake it up, and... nothing
It is working because it still reproduces sounds, like, when I press many keys at once, or if I unpause a video I left on or something

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
The screen not turning back on i had it before i changed my adapter and cables, i guess you could try changing the HDMI cable, or try using that monitor with another pc or something.
If it worked then either your cable is broken or something is wrong with the HDMI output because i used to have this problem my gtx 1070 and my old screen with the adapter, once i bought a new screen and a new cable it went away.

TRENDING THREADS