Display won't return from sleep with printer connected?

jellington90

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
OK I've got an odd one here. For the longest time I've been having trouble getting my display to turn on when returning my computer from sleep. It goes something like this,

Leave computer
Computer goes to sleep
Return and turn computer on, starts fine
Display won't turn on

I tried replugging the display, reseating the graphics card still the same problem.

Here's the odd part:
I realized that when my printer was unplugged, I wouldn't have this issue. I also noticed that if I try to return my computer from sleep and my display won't turn on, I just need to unplug my printer to get the display to turn on, then plug the printer back in.

What do you think is causing this issue? I'm using an older power supply, so I thought that might be it, but the printer (obviously) has its own power supply...

Windows 7 x64
Asus Rampage Extreme III
Intel Core i7
Old CRT display hooked up to EVGA GeForce 9500 GT
(also have 42" LG display hooked up to Radeon HD 4800 series, but that's always turned off when problem arises)
HP PSC 1210xi printer

jellington90

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
So I fixed the problem. This has been occurring for quite some time, and I just realized it started around the time I installed an Asus program called AI Charger. Supposedly it will allow your computer to push more juice to your iphone/ipod when charging, and also it lets your device charge while the computer sleeps. Turns out this program was causing the problem. Uninstalled it, and everything is back to normal.