Question Display wont show 2k

Nov 8, 2019
Hey guys. So my display for some reason wont show any other resolution (fullscreen in game, i hear the sound of the game and my mouse going over the menu). It only shows at 1080p and 4k on fullscreen mode. It does show 2k resolution only if im not in a game, ie login screen, desktop, youtube.

The way i fix it is also a bit questionable. Its by removing and replugging the display port on the gpu while the pc is turned off. And then turning it back on seems to fix the issue but eventually comes back if i use the pc like a day after or whenever i restart it sometimes(seems random when this happens)...

Is this a display port cable issue? Or my gpu issue? Or a software issue? (I tried different drivers and is currently running latest driver and bios

When it runs it runs well. Like flawlessly. I never had this issue...the gpu is new 2070 super and the display is aoc aoc u2879vf.

Last edited:
gpu will run whatever your display tells it supports
id blame your monitor firmware
u can use CRU (custom resolution utility) to delete unsupported resolutions
then in nvidia control panel under resolution u can add any resolution u want with 4k upscale

here how it looks like on mine 4k display
xNfj6af.jpg

as u can see, active pixels are 4k x 2k while horizontal and vertical are 2560x1440p
performance wise its same as with true 1440p

Nov 8, 2019
gpu will run whatever your display tells it supports
id blame your monitor firmware
u can use CRU (custom resolution utility) to delete unsupported resolutions
then in nvidia control panel under resolution u can add any resolution u want with 4k upscale

here how it looks like on mine 4k display
xNfj6af.jpg

as u can see, active pixels are 4k x 2k while horizontal and vertical are 2560x1440p
performance wise its same as with true 1440p
Will try that when it happens again.