[SOLVED] display won't turn on despite no beep

Mar 5, 2019
Hi,

I just finish building my first gaming PC. I have an msi b450m pro vdb v2, ryzen 2600, rtx 2060, ballistix sport 16GB ram, 1tb HHD, 250GB ssd, 600w PSU. I turn the pc on for the first time and there's no display showing up. there were no beeps and EZ debug LED are all off except for boot what should I do?

Solution
If you dont think thats the problem then rma your mobo because thats the only other thing it can be besides your cpu in its self, if you have a on board display use it see if anything post through it if so then it's a dead gpu but im telling you ryzen cpu's are pains in the *** and thats why i have said forget them and not switching to Intel. But yeah hence why i have a stalk pile of fx 8350 black editions now ryzen is a whole you dig into intel is a whole i dug out of over time intel users will learn the error of there ways in the mean time amd will learn the error of there mistakes with the ryzen cpu's
Hi,

I just finish building my first gaming PC. I have an msi b450m pro vdb v2, ryzen 2600, rtx 2060, ballistix sport 16GB ram, 1tb HHD, 250GB ssd, 600w PSU. I turn the pc on for the first time and there's no display showing up. there were no beeps and EZ debug LED are all off except for boot what should I do?
Plug in the 12v cpu power lol...
If everything is plugged in and you are positive and gone over it all 3x then a 4th and 5th and everything is plugged in. Sounds like a doa mobo... Or one of the annoying ryzen mobos you have to buy a first gen ryzen to update the bios in order to use a second gen ryzen that made me mad when i came acrossed that

Mar 5, 2019
Plug in the 12v cpu power lol...
If everything is plugged in and you are positive and gone over it all 3x then a 4th and 5th and everything is plugged in. Sounds like a doa mobo... Or one of the annoying ryzen mobos you have to buy a first gen ryzen to update the bios in order to use a second gen ryzen that made me mad when i came acrossed that

I have check all of the plug in many times and everything seems to be working. the fans and GPU fan all work. what do you mean by I need to update the ryzen bios in order to use a second gen? because doesn't the msi b450m pro vdh v2 support ryzen 5 2600?

I have check all of the plug in many times and everything seems to be working. the fans and GPU fan all work. what do you mean by I need to update the ryzen bios in order to use a second gen? because doesn't the msi b450m pro vdh v2 support ryzen 5 2600?
Yes but one thing that amd dosnt tell you is with MOST ryzen mobos in order to use a 2nd gen cpu you have to have a 1st gen ryzen to update the mobo's bios for the 2nd gen ryzen to post. I learned this working in my bbrothers computer shop for a few days

Mar 5, 2019
Yes but one thing that amd dosnt tell you is with MOST ryzen mobos in order to use a 2nd gen cpu you have to have a 1st gen ryzen to update the mobo's bios for the 2nd gen ryzen to post. I learned this working in my bbrothers computer shop for a few days
so I need to get a first gen ryzen to update my Bios to use the second gen ryzen 2600? how do I do that and do I need to buy a new CPU

Mar 5, 2019
I'm not positive i would just take it to a computer shop and ask them to try and update the bios for you if they cant. Then rma the mobo
I just check my motherboard and the box said AMD ryzen destop 2000 ready, so the 2600 should work then, so what is the actual problem that make my pc won't show up on the display

I just check my motherboard and the box said AMD ryzen destop 2000 ready, so the 2600 should work then, so what is the actual problem that make my pc won't show up on the display
Ok just because it says it's ready dosn't mean it's "ready" it literally could just be a bios update take it to a shop explain whats going on and they will probably more than likly be willing to help you update the bios free understanding the frustration it can be to order something and not be told that it requires something else for it to fully function properly

If you dont think thats the problem then rma your mobo because thats the only other thing it can be besides your cpu in its self, if you have a on board display use it see if anything post through it if so then it's a dead gpu but im telling you ryzen cpu's are pains in the *** and thats why i have said forget them and not switching to Intel. But yeah hence why i have a stalk pile of fx 8350 black editions now ryzen is a whole you dig into intel is a whole i dug out of over time intel users will learn the error of there ways in the mean time amd will learn the error of there mistakes with the ryzen cpu's

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts