mark

Hi,

I've changed something in the system, and now all smaller pictures are
displayed little bit different, on some of them i can see squares/pixels.
Also desktop image is like that.
Everything is high contrast and small pictures are displayed as I described,
the main problem is when browsing internet, then pictures are really ugly...

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Malke

Mark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've changed something in the system, and now all smaller pictures are
> displayed little bit different, on some of them i can see
> squares/pixels. Also desktop image is like that.
> Everything is high contrast and small pictures are displayed as I
> described, the main problem is when browsing internet, then pictures
> are really ugly...
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this?

Well, since we don't know what you changed... Here are some things to
try:

1. Go to Display Properties in Control Panel and set the Theme to
Windows XP and the Settings for high color (16-bit or 32-bit) and a
resolution good for your monitor. Since I don't know what monitor
you've got, start with something moderate like 1024x768. Apply and OK.
If that doesn't work...

2. Try a System Restore to before you did whatever it was that you did.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:44:28 -0700, "Mark"
<Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've changed something in the system, and now all smaller pictures are
>displayed little bit different, on some of them i can see squares/pixels.
>Also desktop image is like that.
>Everything is high contrast and small pictures are displayed as I described,
>the main problem is when browsing internet, then pictures are really ugly...
>
>Does anybody know how to solve this?
Try changing screen resolutions- probably make it 800x600. I
think it may be 2 small.

HTH-Larry

Any advise given is my attempt to show appreciation for all
the excellent help I've received here but I'm no MVP so it
may only apply NUGS (Normally, Usually, Generally, Sometimes :)

kelly

Ah....Display 1. Please stay within your original post/thread.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've changed something in the system, and now all smaller pictures are
> displayed little bit different, on some of them i can see squares/pixels.
> Also desktop image is like that.
> Everything is high contrast and small pictures are displayed as I
> described,
> the main problem is when browsing internet, then pictures are really
> ugly...
>
> Does anybody know how to solve this?

Latest posts