Question Displayport 1.2 compatability

Oct 16, 2019
Hi,

I ordered an ASUS TUF VG27AQ monitor - decided to test it on my work PC which has a ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II graphics card. The hdmi connections works with no issues but with DP the monitor has no signal. I looked up the specs on both the monitor which DP 1.2 while the graphics card has Regular DP should the work together?

I am on Windows 8.1 and my current work monitor is a basic WQHD Dell. I have tried the basic unplug and wait and replug but no luck. I tested the supplied DP cable with the old monitor and it worked. I have been reading a few forum posts a found something about changing the battery saver settings to “high performance” but still no luck.

Does an one have any ideas if this is just a compatibility issue or could it be something else. Fingers crossed it will work on my computer at home.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
GTX680 has DisplayPort 1.2
Theoretically, if the cable is good enough, you should be able to run 1440p 144hz easily.

Might need the drivers for the monitor, and make sure your GPU drivers are up to date, and you might look at flashing the BIOS on the GPU, could just be missing something it needs to get along with a FreeSync display.