Displayport-HDMI adapter no longer displaying ultrawide resolutions

Poseidon5001

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
Hey all!

I have the LG 29UM58-P.
This morning, windows updated to the April Creators update, and my (Active) Displayport to HDMI adapter now refuses to output 2560x1080. A regular HDMI connection works though.

I have already attempted to rollback the Windows update, rollback graphics drivers, completely remove and reinstall graphics drivers using DDU, update and rollback the drivers for the monitor, restarting the computer several times, and I have had long sessions with Microsoft support where they basically did nothing except put my computer in a boot loop (yes, really).

Does anyone know why my DP -> HDMI adapter would suddenly stop functioning properly?
Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Solution
Considering you've done pretty much everything software wise I think your adapter stopped working right. As far as why it could of been defective or old but I'm not entirely sure. If it's under warranty I'd get another as you probably want the 75hz on the adapter over 60hz on HDMI.

WildCard999

Titan
Considering you've done pretty much everything software wise I think your adapter stopped working right. As far as why it could of been defective or old but I'm not entirely sure. If it's under warranty I'd get another as you probably want the 75hz on the adapter over 60hz on HDMI.

Solution
There's no telling for sure what the reason might be for it to stop passing that resolution to your display. Could it be the update? Yes. Could it be a coincidence? Yes. From what you've said, you've done every bit of troubleshooting possible short of using a different adapter. There's a possibility that the adapter may have stopped working but I find that to be pretty low on the scale. It doesn't help your monitor only has an HDMI input.