Question DisplayPort Isn't Working, but HDMI is

SkyLightDance

Prominent
Sep 9, 2020
Currently having a problem with my displayport section of my GPU. Randomly yesterday it wouldn't detect my displayport cable/PC, so I figured I would run through each displayport on my GPU and see if anything would work. None of them could get feed through the monitor. As for some observations, my monitor would detect that something was trying to connect to displayport due to the fact that it would automatically turn on, but then it would display a message saying to the effect of no displayport signal. This would happen every time I would take the cable in and out. In addition, I could hear the windows sound effect that you get when you plug something in through my headset every time I plugged the cable in. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Currently having a problem with my displayport section of my GPU. Randomly yesterday it wouldn't detect my displayport cable/PC, so I figured I would run through each displayport on my GPU and see if anything would work. None of them could get feed through the monitor. As for some observations, my monitor would detect that something was trying to connect to displayport due to the fact that it would automatically turn on, but then it would display a message saying to the effect of no displayport signal. This would happen every time I would take the cable in and out. In addition, I could hear the windows sound effect that you get when you plug something in through my headset every time I plugged the cable in. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
When did you last update your graphics drivers?

Sep 25, 2021
Having exactly same issue, started on thursday.
Randomly display is gone from my monitor (dell u2414h), tried all 3 dp outputs from my graphics card (gtx 1070) and none of them works. When I first plug in the cable it detects something then it says going to power save mode. hdmi output is working without problems.

Edit:
I was going through internet and bumped into a guy with same problem. He says he plugged out monitor and wait 5 mins and plugged in back and problem fixed.
Well, I tried it with no expectations but it worked. :D

Last edited: