Question DisplayPort issue with nVidia Quadro 4000 ?

naturalenquirer

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I have HP Z840 with nVidia Quadro m4000 video card. Monitor connected with Displayport cable has worked forever.

Just bought ViewSonic VP2786-4K monitor. I disconnected displayport cable from old monitor and connected to new monitor. On powering on I got 6 warning beeps which indicate a video issue. Reconnecting cable to old monitor works with no errors. I uninstalled all nVidia drivers and software but still get error.

Viewsonic said my very old Displayport cable (probably before 1.2?) might be a problem.

Hoping they are right, but while waiting for new cable, are there any other suggestions?

naturalenquirer

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I have HP Z840 with nVidia Quadro m4000 video card. Monitor connected with Displayport cable has worked forever.

Just bought ViewSonic VP2786-4K monitor. I disconnected displayport cable from old monitor and connected to new monitor. On powering on I got 6 warning beeps which indicate a video issue. Reconnecting cable to old monitor works with no errors. I uninstalled all nVidia drivers and software but still get error.

Viewsonic said my very old Displayport cable (probably before 1.2?) might be a problem.

Hoping they are right, but while waiting for new cable, are there any other suggestions?

UPDATE: Turns out that I needed to update card's firmware to support DisplayPort 1.3/1.4. The nVidia firmware page was vague about whether M4000 needed it and nVidia support actually told me that it did not apply, but it actually did. So try the fix. Installer does check what you have installed and should not proceed unless your card needs the update.

See https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5233/ for the download.