Question DisplayPort issues with RX 7900 XT ?

Dec 3, 2023
So I have been using this GPU since I built this PC back in February along with my LG UltraGear QHD 34-Inch 144hz monitor. For the display I'm using DisplayPort not HDMI.

In the back of my RX 7900 XT there's 4 ports, 1-HDMI and 3-DisplayPort. Just now my monitor went black and did not come back on. The monitor popped up with a message saying "No signal" and went to a black screen. I switched to another DisplayPort cable and the same problem.

I decided to use another DisplayPort in the back of the GPU and it works however the other 2 DP ports do not work and stays on a black screen. Furthermore what's weird is that I'm unable to change my monitor's refresh rate now.

I used to have it set on 144hz but now the option under (Advanced Display) in the settings is now gone and the refresh rate of my monitor is noticeably slower like it's on 30hz since changing to the only DP port in the back of the GPU that works.

Also I used to be able to use HDR, however the option in (HDR) settings is now gone and I cannot use HDR anymore it even says "HDR is not supported" like it has been removed, same with the refresh rate option. Any help would be awesome, might seem like the DP ports stopped working maybe?

Before coming here
1 - Switched to a different DP cable and didn't work
2 - I Unplugged my my GPU from the MoBo and plugged it back in and that didn't work
3 - re-installed AMD GPU drivers and that didn't work

EDIT - My sound is also gone. I'm using a headset but my headset is not giving sound nor is the option to select my headset there anymore. Driver problems maybe?

So I reset my CMOS and now my DP ports appear to be working however I still cannot change my refresh rate and I can't use HDR anymore nor do I have the option to use my headset for sound. I noticed my RX 7900 XT is not detected inside the Adrenalin Driver software now. It says I'm using AMD APU graphics.

Screenshot_2023-12-03_050337.png

Here is a pastebin link to my system's information from Dxdiag - https://pastebin.com/Fegqcqb2

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023
Do you have an old gpu around that you can test on your motherboard? If it has the same problem then I would think it is your motherboard.
I went on the Device Manager I was able to turn my GPU back on. Everything seems to be working now only thing is I'm not sure what turned it off in the first place as it just turned off by itself while I was playing the Witcher 3. Hopefully it won't happen again.

TRENDING THREADS