[SOLVED] DisplayPort Monitor Not Recognized

zfw

Prominent
Jan 22, 2021
Greetings,

I built a computer with a Designare Z390 motherboard. I want to change to a multi display setup so one of my displays will be Display
Port, the other HDMI.

Both indeed work on HDMI, but neither are recognized when connected via DisplayPort.

This is what the manual says about the Onboard Graphics:
  1. 2 x Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 connectors (USB Type-C™ ports), supporting DisplayPort and Thunderbolt™ video outputs and a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
    • Supports up to 7680x3840@60 Hz if connected to an external graphics card for display output.
    • Because of the limited I/O resources of the PC architecture, the number of Thunderbolt™ devices that can be used is dependent on the number of the PCI Express devices being installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors," for more information.)
    • Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.2.
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!

Solution
Thank you for clarifying. My CPU is an INTEL I7-9700K. I do not have a separate GPU installed, but if I remember correctly, this CPU might have a basic one? Not sure tho.

Thanks!
Yes your cpu has a intergated gpu and should be plenty for your use of dual display of a hdmi and diplay. The issue may lay within some setting you have in bios or a update you have missee maybe do you have the latsest bios sorry i fotget.
Greetings,

I built a computer with a Designare Z390 motherboard. I want to change to a multi display setup so one of my displays will be Display
Port, the other HDMI.

Both indeed work on HDMI, but neither are recognized when connected via DisplayPort.

This is what the manual says about the Onboard Graphics:
  1. 2 x Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 connectors (USB Type-C™ ports), supporting DisplayPort and Thunderbolt™ video outputs and a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
    • Supports up to 7680x3840@60 Hz if connected to an external graphics card for display output.
    • Because of the limited I/O resources of the PC architecture, the number of Thunderbolt™ devices that can be used is dependent on the number of the PCI Express devices being installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors," for more information.)
    • Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.2.
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!
okay so the question in the end of it all is what cpu do you have because like it says ALL deepends on the cpu/gpu

zfw

Prominent
Jan 22, 2021
Thank you for clarifying. My CPU is an INTEL I7-9700K. I do not have a separate GPU installed, but if I remember correctly, this CPU might have a basic one? Not sure tho.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Yes your cpu has a intergated gpu and should be plenty for your use of dual display of a hdmi and diplay. The issue may lay within some setting you have in bios or a update you have missee maybe do you have the latsest bios sorry i fotget.

Solution

zfw

Prominent
Jan 22, 2021
In BIOS I saw under peripherals>Initial Display that PCI Slot 1 was selected, even tho I don't think anything is even in that slot...I switched it to IGFX hoping that would fix my issue, but alas, no change.

Is there another place in Bios that I should check? Is the port itself not getting power from my motherboard? How would I check on that?

I ordered another DisplayPrt cable to test that but if anyone can suggest anything else to check to get my monitor working on DisplayPort, I'd very much appreciate the help.

Best

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS