[SOLVED] Displayport Monitor to HDMI Port

TheMysteriousOs

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
Hi there guys.

I am on the hunt for an adaptor and wondered if you had any recommendations.

I want to plug my 4K Displayport monitor into my new HDMI motherboard, but obviously lack the port to do so. Does an adaptor exist for me to make this connection possible?

My searches on Amazon etc have only revealed HDMI to DP adaptors, not the other way around.

Solution
DP to HDMI adapter should work just fine for normal use. If I may ask, what are you using it for?
Also if you have a videocard, I'd never recommend using the HDMI on the motherboard I/O. Always use the ports on the videocard itself for better performance and image
A Displayport to HDMI converter/adapter cable is not bi-directional they only work if setup as a DP output to HDMI input and the OP needs it to go the other way.

Op, here is a HDMI to DP converter
https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Converter-FOINNEX-Adapter-Powered/dp/B07G796JF8

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
DP to HDMI adapter should work just fine for normal use. If I may ask, what are you using it for?
Also if you have a videocard, I'd never recommend using the HDMI on the motherboard I/O. Always use the ports on the videocard itself for better performance and image

TheMysteriousOs

Honorable
Jun 9, 2015
Thank you for the quick response :)

It will be for gaming and general daily use, with video editing included.

Off your 2nd point I will be using an RTX 3080, so could DP work with direct input?

bignastyid

Titan
A Displayport to HDMI converter/adapter cable is not bi-directional they only work if setup as a DP output to HDMI input and the OP needs it to go the other way.

Op, here is a HDMI to DP converter
https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Converter-FOINNEX-Adapter-Powered/dp/B07G796JF8

Solution

Endre

Reputable
Hi there guys.

I am on the hunt for an adaptor and wondered if you had any recommendations.

I want to plug my 4K Displayport monitor into my new HDMI motherboard, but obviously lack the port to do so. Does an adaptor exist for me to make this connection possible?

My searches on Amazon etc have only revealed HDMI to DP adaptors, not the other way around.

The best thing to do is to buy a video card that has one or more DisplayPorts.

4K monitors that have DisplayPort connection, can usually deliver 10-bit color space (1.07 billion colors), while HDMI (except the very new versions) deliver only 8-bit color space (16 million colors).