Question DisplayPort nightmares: deactivating a screen when turned off ?

Omar_71

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
Hellou there!!

After reading a bit about this issue in the past (and now), apparently DisplayPort connection still doing this crap of disconecting the display when you turn it off, so if you have a multiple screen setup it gets all crazy when you turn 1 off and turn it back on later.

Is there a way to FIX this? I was thinking on using a DP to HDMI cable, so the screen might not go nuts when it turns on

Thanks! ^^

D

Deleted member 2783327

Hellou there!!

After reading a bit about this issue in the past (and now), apparently DisplayPort connection still doing this crap of disconecting the display when you turn it off, so if you have a multiple screen setup it gets all crazy when you turn 1 off and turn it back on later.

Is there a way to FIX this? I was thinking on using a DP to HDMI cable, so the screen might not go nuts when it turns on

Thanks! ^^

I did exacly that - purchased a couple of active DP to HDMI adapters @ A$50 each and works great with two monitors.

D

Deleted member 2783327

For me, two monitors both connected via DP will cause one problem; When the monitor is powered off, or goes to sleep it is disconnected. All programs that were open on that monitor will move to the other monitor, shrink, and be positioned in the top left corner.

With one DP and one HDMI I had the same problem. The only way around it was to use an active HDMI adapter connected to the DP cable.

Reason being GPU only came with one HDMI connector.

The OPs situation may be different.