Displayport no signal but it worked just fine last night.

JellyMinD

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Helly guys, im currently owning two monitors where one is using a DP and the other one a DVI cable. My setup has an I5 4570 with a gtx 1060, 12 GB of ram and an asrock b85 pro 4 as a motherboard. Before buying the new monitor which is an asus mg248q, there were no problems at all displaying my GPU on the old monitor. Now it looks like i just wont give any signal and this is not the first time its happening.

Things i ve tried
Unplug power pc cable
Unplug monitors power cables
Removing the DP and the DVI cables

Last time it worked after leaving the power cables unplugged for a certain amount of time but now it seems to be not working after several tries.

Thanks for reading!

JellyMinD

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Post update: The motherboard gives just fine signal to the monitor using DVI cable. Looks like the gpu, even if its colors are working, it is not running afterall.

Also, looks like the explorer crashes when i am trying to right click on the desktop. Looking further to solve this one first.

Thekid579

Prominent
May 31, 2017
So, what I did was unplug my third monitor which then allowed my monitor to work again. After that, I plugged all 3 back in, then right-clicked on my desktop and went to 'Display Settings' and changed the setting on the non-working monitor to 'Extend This Display.' That did the trick, as before it said 'Disconnect This Display,' only allowing me to make the change after I did all of those previously stated changes... :kaola: