[SOLVED] DisplayPort not working on GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2019
Hey,
Today I've ran into an issue where on my GPU (kfa2 2070 super) none of the display ports will work. Looking in the Windows display settings, it will show up but when trying to enable it the PC will freeze for 10 seconds then say that the current configuration cannot be saved.

The past few days, the PC would randomly freeze/lock up for a few minutes where I could barely move the mouse but audio was playing fine. Thought it would be a driver issue but reinstalling them didn't help. In one case which was today, the pc would not even get past the GPU post. It got stuck on a black screen with a white dash (it had not even got to the bios splash screen)

I've tried resitting the GPU, updating bios and reinstalling drivers but I've got a feeling it's the GPU that's failed - it's only 25 days old. The HDMI port works fine.

Any advice please?

Solution
Oh ok, dual monitors, got it.

Hmm

Try DDU, or DDU again if you've tried this already, in safemode.

Try different driver versions from Geforce.com/drivers

Possibly try installing driver with only Displayport or Hdmi connected or vice versa. Then connect the second monitor afterwards.

Test the gpu as well with a benchmark tool like Furmark with only one monitor connected to stress for stability.

Use Msi Afterburner/Gpuz to monitor temps.

If there's been an MS update of late, might want to roll back to a restore point to rule out Microsoft causing this.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What exactly are you trying to enable in Windows? Displayport is just a video cable and is automatic, like Hdmi, there's nothing special need enabled unless you mean Gsync.

If you have both DP and Hdmi connected to the one monitor, disconnect both ends of the Hdmi cable. Power down, turn off monitor for a few minutes then see how you go.

List complete specs please

Sep 17, 2019
What exactly are you trying to enable in Windows? Displayport is just a video cable and is automatic, like Hdmi, there's nothing special need enabled unless you mean Gsync.

If you have both DP and Hdmi connected to the one monitor, disconnect both ends of the Hdmi cable. Power down, turn off monitor for a few minutes then see how you go.

List complete specs please

I'm trying to enable my dual monitors, until yesterday they were both working fine until my pc locked up/froze for about 5 minutes and both monitors went blank so I restarted and only my second monitor works which is connected by HDMI.

When going on display settings and trying to extend the monitors over multiple displays, the PC will freeze for 10s then say it couldn't apply the current configuration or something along those lines

Full sepcs:
R9 3700x
16GB DDR 3000Mhz corsair RAM
B450 Tomahawk
KFA2 RTX 2070 Super
250GB Samsung SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB HDDs

Thanks

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok, dual monitors, got it.

Hmm

Try DDU, or DDU again if you've tried this already, in safemode.

Try different driver versions from Geforce.com/drivers

Possibly try installing driver with only Displayport or Hdmi connected or vice versa. Then connect the second monitor afterwards.

Test the gpu as well with a benchmark tool like Furmark with only one monitor connected to stress for stability.

Use Msi Afterburner/Gpuz to monitor temps.

If there's been an MS update of late, might want to roll back to a restore point to rule out Microsoft causing this.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.