Question Displayport not working on Radeon RX 560 after playing a game

Jan 17, 2020
Hello guys,

So as the title says the Displayport on my Radeon RX 560 stopped working, (the HDMI port is still functioning properly).

The issue occurred when I launched a game (Squad) that started with my second (small) screen's resolution, so I went to the in-game settings and tried to change the resolution to my main screen 1080, at this point both screens went dark but I could still hear the game, after restarting the PC, the Displayport stoped working (I tried to switch the cables for both monitors to make sure it's not the cable or the monitor).

I tried doing a clean uninstall and reinstall to my graphics drivers but that didn't fix it.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021
Hello guys,

So as the title says the Displayport on my Radeon RX 560 stopped working, (the HDMI port is still functioning properly).

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks!

I don't know if this has anything to do with it as I only have one monitor (Samsung 24" with DP, HDMI and DVI ports on it). I had started using the DVI but could never get the screen to snap at the edges ... the display spilled off the screen by 1/2" or so

so I switched to the DP port. I could not get the monitor to display anything on the DP port until I unplugged the DVI cord on the monitor and... I then unplugged the DP port on the monitor and plugged it back in with the monitor manually switched to the DP port . It fired right up...

Maybe that gives you some ideas... don't leave the other cords plugged in testing (or maybe it's just a DVI thing on this particular monitor?

this as on a Radeon RX560 with the latest software installed:
Driver Version
20.45.35.01-210204a-364033E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
(installed from Radeon support site on Feb 24, 2021)