Question DisplayPort randomly stopped working

Aug 5, 2019
I've had a look around and can't find an answer to my problem so here goes.

Yesterday, for some unknown reason, my DisplayPort monitor stopped working. I was intending to buy a new one anyway, so I unplugged the old monitor (and the HDMI to DP adapter) to see if this was the problem, but it looks like it's the DP itself.

I cannot connect anything to DP at all now, I've updated drivers, I've tried fixes all over the web including the power off one, and nothing works. It just stopped working and doesn't wanna connect.

Are there any other solutions or will I need a new GPU? (Currently running a 960)

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I myself don't have much experience with DisplayPort cables or monitors. If your DisplayPort Monitor has a HDMI outlet (which I don't see why it wouldn't), then just plug your 960 into your monitor with a HDMI cord.

Aug 5, 2019
I myself don't have much experience with DisplayPort cables or monitors. If your DisplayPort Monitor has a HDMI outlet (which I don't see why it wouldn't), then just plug your 960 into your monitor with a HDMI cord.
Yeah, I've done that but it means I'm one monitor down for the time being. My other monitor (TV) only has HDMI, and VGA.

If it comes to it I could try DVI to VGA as a last resort.