[SOLVED] Displayport-to-DVI adaptor... How much quality/effect loss?

Mar 4, 2020
Hello...!
I got a new, pretty strong computer, with a new Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Videocard, which has 1 HDMI port, and 3 Displayports...
I am not a gamer, I use the computer primarily for 3D architectural modeling and rendering.
If I were to choose to stay with my older 24" monitor, which only has a DVI and a VGA port, using a Displayport-to-DVI adaptor, how much, and what kind of quality/effect/fun/user experience would I be missing out on, as opposed to getting a new Displayport monitor?
Thanks.

Solution
using a Displayport-to-DVI adaptor, how much, and what kind of quality/effect/fun/user experience would I be missing out on, as opposed to getting a new Displayport monitor?
This largely depends on quality of the adapter. With high quality adapter, there should be no difference.
With some cheaper adapter models, you may experience image flickering and additional humming noise from the adapter.

Edit: Also- with adapter you may get reduced resolution/refresh rates available. 1080p@60Hz should be fine though.
using a Displayport-to-DVI adaptor, how much, and what kind of quality/effect/fun/user experience would I be missing out on, as opposed to getting a new Displayport monitor?
This largely depends on quality of the adapter. With high quality adapter, there should be no difference.
With some cheaper adapter models, you may experience image flickering and additional humming noise from the adapter.

Edit: Also- with adapter you may get reduced resolution/refresh rates available. 1080p@60Hz should be fine though.

Solution
Mar 4, 2020
Thanks for your replies...
Ok, so I understand that display for my needs should be sufficient.
Yet... I would like to understand the benefits in performance, quality, joy etc (say the computer was for gaming)... if I were to get a new DP monitor and set up DP-to-DP as opposed to DP-to-DVI via an adapter. I am assuming the first case would be limited to DVI capabilities... If so, what does that mean...?
Thanks again.

I am assuming the first case would be limited to DVI capabilities... If so, what does that mean...?
There are different quality level DP->DVI adapters.
With common, cheap models you're limited to 1920x1200p@60Hz.
Models, that support higher resolutions like 2560x1600@60 Hz and 1920x1200@120Hz will cost more (like up to 10x times more).

With pure DP connection you can go 3840x2160@60Hz - no problem (even up to 8k resolution).

Mar 4, 2020
I'm starting to see that it is only about the resolution... The new DP monitor I am considering is 2560X1080 and no higher... This at 60 hz will be fine for my work... I was thinking that with the new computer, adding a matching monitor would take the display to higher levels of experience in ways other than the crispness of the image.
So if that's all there is to it, I guess the adapter would be the way for now (...???)
Thanks.