[SOLVED] DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
hi,

if i need to connect the motherboard's DisplayPort1.2 output to a monitor with HDMI input......can i use a passive or i must use an active adaptor ?

many thanks

Solution
this is what i have bought numerous times to do this. i keep going back to it since it works very well.

nice quality and tight fit in the port. worth the $10.

do note though the speed you can expect for various resolutions. if you want full speed DP, then you need a monitor that can use the DP natively so you don't lose the performance using the adapter.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
For this you can probably find some passive options. I could find a couple on amazon though I am not sure if they would plug in to your ports or not. But I generally think going with an active adapter is a better more reasonable choice. Cheers

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this is what i have bought numerous times to do this. i keep going back to it since it works very well.

do note though the speed you can expect for various resolutions. if you want full speed DP, then you need a monitor that can use the DP natively so you don't lose the performance using the adapter.

Solution

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016

as long as quality is still better than VGA , i'm happy.

many thanks !

TRENDING THREADS