[SOLVED] DisplayPort to HDMI not working but HDMI to HDMI is

Jan 8, 2022
just bought this pc

my monitor works with the hdmi to hdmi but for when I try it in the DisplayPort to HDMI using 4K DisplayPort to HDMI Cable, its not detecting monitor

I need my drawing tablet in the hdmi so I can't use that import

I have three display ports coming from the motherboard and and a fourth one that's not.

what is the best option to connect a monitor? is it the DP to HDMI thats broken? or are the DisplayPorts on the pc broken?

pc specs
  • System: Intel Core i9-11900K Processor (8 Cores, 16 Threads, 3.50GHz Base, 5.30GHz Turbo, 16MB Cache) | Intel Z590 Chipset Motherboard | 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Card | 12GB GDDR6 Memory | Ray Tracing, DLSS, G-Sync, Ansel Support | 650W 80+ Certified Gaming Power Supply
  • Connectivity: 6x USB 3.1 gen 1 | 2x USB 2.0 | 1x PS/2 KB or Mouse Port | 1x RJ45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | 300Mbps 802.11n Wi-Fi | 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
  • Case & Cooling: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid-Tower ATX Case (Black) | 4x RGB LED Fans | 240mm All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler

or are the DisplayPorts on the pc broken?
It is possible. Can you check it out with something else like TV?
is it the DP to HDMI thats broken?
All 3 of them? Unlikely.

Here's the trick I do in such situation. Connect both DP->HDMI cable and HDMI cable to PC. Connect HDMI cable to monitor. Start system. Once in Windows, unplug HDMI from monitor and plug DP->HDMI cable instead. Might work or not, but worth trying.