Question Displays get recognized wrong

Imenion

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
Greetings dear people,

I will try to explain this as best i can. As the title says my displays are recognized wrong by my games, but no all the time and not by all games. Here's what happens, i'll use FF XIV and Path of exile as an example but other games also have this issue
The monitors function perfectly fine in every way and windows recognizes them just fine.

Monitors:
  1. LG 27GL850 - 2560x1440 144Hz
  2. BenQ GW2760 -1920x1080 60 HZ

FF XIV
I start up the game, and it starts on the wrong monitor(BenQ Display2) instead of my (LG Display1).
So i swap the display select in the game and it pops onto my LG monitor. however i can't select anything over 60HZ or 1920x1080. It's acting as if my LG monitor has my BenQ speccs.
Every time i try to put the game in Fullscreen mode which seems to help on most other games. it flicks back to the wrong Display, BenQ again.
I've tried Vsync on and off, manual FPS limit, doesn't help.
The one way to fix this, is to shut down the game, disconnect my BenQ Monitor and start the game back up. Now i can sellect 144HZ 2560x1440

Path of Exile
I start up the game, it starts on the LG display as it should, I can select 2560x1440. however my FPS doesn't go over 60
I've tried manual FPS limit to 144, Vsync on and off. The only thing that works, is putting it in Fullscreen mode.
Also if i swap path of exile to the other monitor with the in game option it goes to the BenQ monitor. where it swaps to 1920x1080 and with Vsync enabled it somehow goes to 144FPS which is can't do.
Again, disconnecting the BenQ monitor and restarting the game, fixes everything.

I can generally find solutions somewhere online but i can't find anyone with this specific problem. I hope someone can give me a hint.
If you need any more information or anything just give a shout.

Thanks in advance!
Imenion

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IDK what your (other) use case or build parameters, but might consider trying to hook the 1080/60 monitor to integrated graphics, if such is available. You may have to play with some settings in BIOS to enable that if the hardware supports it.

Imenion

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
Speccs, if it helps
B550 Aorus Pro AC
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 3.7Ghz
RTX3080

Will my second monitor quality not suffer from putting it in the on board graphics?
Obviously i'd prefer to fix the weird issue but happy with any solution atm that lets me keep my 2 monitor setup :p