Displays: Newest and Baddest Check?

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
So I have the Asus PG348Q which I bought about a year ago now. But I have to imagine there are bigger and badder displays that this one now, right? When I bought this display it cost me about $1100 and it was pretty much the king of the display world at the time. In the interest of keeping up with the times, I'd like to know what your opinion of the 'best' in the west is where gaming displays are concerned. Ultra-wide flavor only please.

Thanks for information!

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
In terms of 3440x1440 gaming monitors the PG348Q is still at the top along with the Acer X34. Im not sure when say 3440x1440p 144hz panels will arrive, or widescreen gaming panels with a higher resolution, haven't heard anything. The latest monitor that's getting a lot of buzz is the ASUS PG27UQ which is a 16:9 4k 144hz HDR panel.

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
Oh man, it is very difficult to go back to 16:9 after the taste of 21:9. The ultra-wide screens just feel so much more modern compared to a flat monitor. I was looking at that Samsung 'super-wide' display that is I think like 4K x 1440 but I don't know how good that would be for gaming. I'd have to imagine that it would be nearly impossible to properly utilize that resolution for gaming, but it might be pretty great for movie watching perhaps.

Also, checking out both of those listed displays.