Question Displays receiving no signal from PC?

mutak94

Commendable
Oct 8, 2017
Hi all,

I recently bought a new computer with no preinstalled OS. Since I have no functioning USB sticks, I copied the Windows 10 disk image to my external hard drive (formatted it before doing it) and followed these steps to make it bootable.

I have two displays connected to my PC, one Philips and one Samsung. Samsung is connected via HDMI and Philips via the regular D-SUB VGA cable (don't know what it's called, but at the PC end of the cable there are two screws that you have to screw into the socket).

Windows installation started normally. When prompted where to install Windows, I picked the internal hard drive and not the external one. During the process (Preparing files for installation was somewhere at 80%) I had to go to the toilet and when I returned I found that the screens are totally blank. Turning them off and then on didn't help. Connecting just one screen also didn't help. I tried to connect a third display (while these two were disconnected) and that also didn't help. I tried to disconnect the external hard drive and that also didn't help. I tried turning off the "hard" power button at the back of the PC, as well as the whole extension cord in which the computer and the displays are plugged in, and that also didn't help. What else can I do and what could be happening here? Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
I'm very sure you could've sourced an 8GB pen drive from your friend or neighbor and then used it in conjunction with Windows Media Creation Tools to create a functioning bootable USB installer for you to use.

You may want to also list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis: