Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

When i restart my computer there are no icons or a start button and to get to
anything i have to go to the task manager and start a new task. Does anybody
know where my icons went?

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!:

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson
"confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A42B4ED-D2A3-43AB-A256-DAC3FE93A9E9@microsoft.com...
> When i restart my computer there are no icons or a start button and to get to
> anything i have to go to the task manager and start a new task. Does anybody
> know where my icons went?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

and/or

Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

or Line #195 "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar"