Distant devices ruining internet speeds for other devices

May 26, 2018
Currently we have not fully installed the new telephone line to our new house and the old house is right next door and it is still possible to get a good connection depending on where you are in the house, my room for example is right next to a window which is really close to a window for the old house and the connection signal is full bars, however my parents like to use their phones and their room is pretty far not to mention how far the lounge room is. I've noticed no matter what they are browsing the internet speed becomes extremely bad, I'm getting a thousand ping on games and discord and can barely watch videos at times. So how do i fix this situation? do i buy a wireless extender and have them connect to that? or do i buy a better router? currently we're using the router recommended to us by our provider HUAWEI HG659

Solution
Why not lay an ethernet cable between the houses and then add a WIFI access point in the new house. When the internet moves, you will already have an AP to help with WIFI coverage.