Distorted Audio from computer

Dsand24

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
So, after a Windows 10 update, my computer's sound started being really distorted from output devices from the headphone jack on my computer. I have Realtek Audio and have made sure all the drivers were updated and such as well as mess with the settings for the speakers in realtek but nothing worked. The speakers sound weird and distorted as if I was hearing them under water. Also, my monitor that I have connected to my computer through HDMI plays audio just fine and has no problems at all.

Please help, this is super annoying and I want to be able to use my headphones to game again!

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Well the reason your audio is fine when played it through hdmi is your graphics card is rendering the audio not the realtek chip. Things you could try are going into device manager and uninstalling your realtek chip and deleting the driver. When you reboot to recognize the chip windows will install a default driver. Update your audio driver from realtek's site and install it. See if this fixes your issue.

Start by using LatencyMon
http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Using HDMI means the audio solution is not the Realtek chip so that's why it works (thus it's a Realtek software conflict possibly). When using the headphone jack or rear motherboard it means your onboard REALTEK is used.

If you haven't done so (it's not clear), try THIS:
a) DELETE the Realtek drivers and test without them (should be using basic Microsoft audio but it should help see if it's a Realtek software issue or not)

b) If that works then reinstall the Realtek drivers. If the drivers are relatively old I'd go to the Realtek.tw site and get the latest ones.

Dsand24

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

I uninstalled the realtek drivers and the audio started working perfectly so I reinstalled the drivers and the audio started distorting again. Should I be fine without using realtek or is it something I should try to get?

Also, when I was uninstalling realtek I noticed I had something called Nahimic2 which has to do with audio I believe.. I didn't touch it at all

chiragms

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
For me disabling "Fast Boot" option in power settings solved the problem forever.
It actually also solved CPU performance issues with illustrator too.

Hope it helps someone....

Sep 15, 2018
It worked for me.
I uninstalled the driver and installed the defult driver from the dell support assist.
Working like a charm now.
PS: It could be due to the audio enhancement too.