Question Distorted Colors on monitor

BreakingDawn

Honorable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys ,

Today when i opened my pc my screen had some distorted colors on it , i unplugged my hdmi cable and put it back on my monitor and everything was fixed ... Any idea what caused it?

( Plus a new event just occured , whenever i use anything that needs a bit of gpu power my screens goes on and off well till my pc crashed and restarted )

I'm attaching a photo i took by my mobile so ignore those vertical pixel lines : http://prntscr.com/oerm6s

Sorry in advanced if posted on the wrong section , i think it has to do mostly with my GPU than my monitor

Thanks

Last edited:

BreakingDawn

Honorable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey ,

I am currently running an i5 6500 , msi h170 gaming m3 Mobo with 16gb hyperx 2133mhz , a seasonic focus plus 750 plat psu , my gpu is rx480 4gb ..

So far I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers but while installing my monitor would go black and into distorted colors , then I'd restart and it would be okay , I've also tried on running a game to see if it works and I had no problem there :/ Seems like the issue has inconsistency

BreakingDawn

Honorable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey uppercut thank you for the answer , while I was trying to fix the issue I noticed that if I accidentally move/touch the HDMI cable it would lead into a black/distorted screen , I replaced it and it seems to be working fine now!

Thanks

BreakingDawn

Honorable
Apr 26, 2016
Hey guys , i'm returning to this topic as i think i've been mistaken by my so called <<fix>>.
The problem started occuring again today and i also noticed some distorted edges while i was playing a game on max settings. The purple-cyan screen pops up randomly or when my gpu loses and sends signal to my monitor again ( like when installing the drivers for example )

BreakingDawn

Honorable
Apr 26, 2016
+ Update there is also some audio stuttering when gaming
So far I've tried the other ports on my card , a secondary monitor to check if my monitor's dying , tested also my onboard gpy and no issues occured.