Question Distorted sounds and stuttering/freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

u_siipi

Prominent
Aug 4, 2018
Hey,

I’ve been having a really annoying problem for the last few weeks that just seems to get worse day by day and I can’t locate the source of the problem.

The sounds on my computer have become more distorted (I think in general) but I keep getting these odd sound glitches in the form of short clipping, enhanced distortion in videos where there’s already clipping in the video itself and when louder sounds are played. This problem persists through switching to my external audio interface.

Also I’m seeing constantly increasing stuttering and freezes in games (Apex Legends, Diablo 3 and League of Legends) in the last 2 weeks. The games freeze for half a second and then continuw where they were left off, sometimes sensing my character to another place where I was which looks a bit like warping. Videos play pretty fine imagewise.

I’ve tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers about 15 times, even trying an older driver.

- Formatting my computer.

- Ran Windows memory diagnostics tool and memtest (no errors in either)

- Looked through the components inside the computer but I couldn’t spot anything.

- I’ve observed CPU and GPU readings but haven’t seen anything particular in them except slight power usage skips when the freezes happen but nothing big.

- Uninstalled and reinstalled realtek drivers (and of course again when I formatted the computer), disabled enhancements and changed format and unchecked exclusive mode.

And other stuff. I don’t really understand what causes these problems and they seem connected and aso started at the same time. I’d be incredibly grateful if someone could point me to the right direction, because at the moment I don’t know where to look and I’d save time and my sanity if I could find the faulty component (must be since formatting did nothing, right?) and replace it since I still have warranty on everything.

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I’ve been having a really annoying problem for the last few weeks that just seems to get worse day by day and I can’t locate the source of the problem.

The sounds on my computer have become more distorted (I think in general) but I keep getting these odd sound glitches in the form of short clipping, enhanced distortion in videos where there’s already clipping in the video itself and when louder sounds are played. This problem persists through switching to my external audio interface.

Also I’m seeing constantly increasing stuttering and freezes in games (Apex Legends, Diablo 3 and League of Legends) in the last 2 weeks. The games freeze for half a second and then continuw where they were left off, sometimes sensing my character to another place where I was which looks a bit like warping. Videos play pretty fine imagewise.

I’ve tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers about 15 times, even trying an older driver.

- Formatting my computer.

- Ran Windows memory diagnostics tool and memtest (no errors in either)

- Looked through the components inside the computer but I couldn’t spot anything.

- I’ve observed CPU and GPU readings but haven’t seen anything particular in them except slight power usage skips when the freezes happen but nothing big.

- Uninstalled and reinstalled realtek drivers (and of course again when I formatted the computer), disabled enhancements and changed format and unchecked exclusive mode.

And other stuff. I don’t really understand what causes these problems and they seem connected and aso started at the same time. I’d be incredibly grateful if someone could point me to the right direction, because at the moment I don’t know where to look and I’d save time and my sanity if I could find the faulty component (must be since formatting did nothing, right?) and replace it since I still have warranty on everything.

Thanks in advance!
Are the power rail voltages within spec?

u_siipi

Prominent
Aug 4, 2018
So it appears turning off XMP in BIOS somewhat helped the issue, but didn't fully erase it.

I'm still getting distorted audio all around the system as well as sound glitches here and there. It really is an annoying problem and even more so because I'm a musician and I do music on my computer. Using the external audio interface presents the same issue and formatting the computer didn't work so I'm just baffled at what causes this and what I could do to stop it from happening.

Reactions: Ranime
Status
Not open for further replies.