Ditched my old setup went i9

Kyle_James

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
So far the x299 Tuf and 7900x is a good setup
I ran the easy tune in the bios and got a solid 4.6ghz and so far its been stable under my custom loop. i have tested many benchmarks

my concern is wattage, I have an AX860 and with the 1070 thats in there now its not an issue, but i have a 2080ti on the way, i am wondering if ill be pushing it...

Solution
"Pushing it" is subjective. Modern multicores won't experience issues when throttling power, and the 2080ti will do the same so you won't have a problem getting it to power on. The question then becomes can they TDP together at full whack. I personally don't think you'll have an issue, but it's $10 to get a wall wart power meter to be sure you're drawing below 650Wish now.

genz

Distinguished
"Pushing it" is subjective. Modern multicores won't experience issues when throttling power, and the 2080ti will do the same so you won't have a problem getting it to power on. The question then becomes can they TDP together at full whack. I personally don't think you'll have an issue, but it's $10 to get a wall wart power meter to be sure you're drawing below 650Wish now.

Solution

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
your cpu probably runs about 200-250W TDP tops.... with the graphics card about 300-350W TDP overclocked, that's still within the 70-80% psu utilization range

for gaming cpu should be about 100-150W TDP

you would be pushing it if you went with two cards tho