Status
Not open for further replies.

A while back I was able to find a Windows-based standalone app that
someone had written that did a decent job of dithering/downsampling.
Seems some guy had written it and just made it available. Anyhow, I
used it a lot before my hard drive crashed (no backup..OOPS!)

Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, does anybody here know where
I can find it again?

Thanks...

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:04:02 -0400, Bob Dobalina <dobalinas@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>A while back I was able to find a Windows-based standalone app that
>someone had written that did a decent job of dithering/downsampling.
>Seems some guy had written it and just made it available. Anyhow, I
>used it a lot before my hard drive crashed (no backup..OOPS!)
>
>Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, does anybody here know where
>I can find it again?

Isn't this a trivially included part of any word length reduction
operation? Why the interest in some particular app?

Chris Hornbeck
"All engineers are Scots, and all Scots are engineers."
-Scotty

Chris Hornbeck wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:04:02 -0400, Bob Dobalina <dobalinas@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>A while back I was able to find a Windows-based standalone app that
>>someone had written that did a decent job of dithering/downsampling.
>>Seems some guy had written it and just made it available. Anyhow, I
>>used it a lot before my hard drive crashed (no backup..OOPS!)
>>
>>Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, does anybody here know where
>>I can find it again?
>

> Isn't this a trivially included part of any word length reduction
> operation? Why the interest in some particular app?
>
> Chris Hornbeck
> "All engineers are Scots, and all Scots are engineers."
> -Scotty

Actually I'm about to buy Mackie's Tracktion and I see its 2-track
rendering capabilities included options for dithering.

THanks

Probably the Shibatch SSRC: http://shibatch.sourceforge.net/