[SOLVED] DIY WIFI EXTENSION

1976.bb60b

Reputable
May 17, 2018
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to just cut & extend my dual connection WiFi aerial myself. I can't see why it would be a problem. I'm just after a second opinion from someone..Thanks

Solution
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to just cut & extend my dual connection WiFi aerial myself. I can't see why it would be a problem. I'm just after a second opinion from someone..Thanks
I will say that "cut" and multi gigahertz RF don't go well together. What do you want to cut?
High quality WIFI coax, which would be needed to extend the antennas, is expensive. Again, it is that whole gigahertz thing.
You would be much better off using a wireless bridge device with an ethernet connection to your PC (or network).

kanewolf

Titan
I will say that "cut" and multi gigahertz RF don't go well together. What do you want to cut?
High quality WIFI coax, which would be needed to extend the antennas, is expensive. Again, it is that whole gigahertz thing.
You would be much better off using a wireless bridge device with an ethernet connection to your PC (or network).

Solution